Just like my easy stir-fried carrot dish, wood ear fungus has always been a side ingredient in a dish, hardly ever as a star in a dish. So for this dish, I wanted to make wood ear fungus a star and used carrot and scallion as side ingredients. I have told you about the benefits of wood ear in my previous post so I am not repeating myself again. Both black and white wood fungus are good for our body but the black one has more nutrients. The white one has also been known to keep one skin looking young and beautiful and people has called it a poor people bird nest. Because bird nest is expensive and no many people can eat it everyday or few times a week for the benefit of looking young. So the poor people use white wood ear fungus or snow fungus as a substitute as it is so much cheaper.
- 1/2 bowl of dried shredded wood ear fungus, soak in water
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. oyster sauce
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- White pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- Cooking oil of your choice
1. In a heated wok, add in cooking oil. When hot, add in minced garlic, stir-fry until slightly brown.
2. Add in carrot, stir-fry well. Add in wood ear fungus and stir-fry well.
3. Add in oyster sauce and sugar, stir-fry well. Add a little water if need to.
4. Turn off the heat. Add in sesame oil and white pepper. Mix well and serve.